kbboys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old friends abandon me, it's just the routine politics of jealousy

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

News & Current Events

Go down 
+13
Ecii
chris55
vagabond
Mr. Mike
marcuss
Sabazius
Dannyboi
Evilpanda
painservedcold
Kell
ems
nicks18
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Ecii

Ecii

News & Current Events - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News & Current Events   News & Current Events - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 9:38 pm

He knows what he would do to his children, he just doesn't want to make it publicly known. Anyone who makes comments as harmful and ignorant as the ones he made won't truly change the way they feel very quickly (if at all).
So fuck him.
Back to top Go down
ems

ems

PostSubject: Re: News & Current Events   News & Current Events - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 11:11 pm

it's truly amazing that people have brought on a TV show to make him give a half hearted apology. if he was a true and proper christian he wouldn't hate people for any reason. i really feel sorry for his children who are being fed principle that don't fit the christian community or the gay community.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike

PostSubject: Re: News & Current Events   News & Current Events - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 12:18 am

i heard the younger of my two so called "born again christian" sisters say similar things over 30 years ago. all she was doing (and all this idiot is doing) is repeating something they heard someone else say with an irritated emotional conviction. my sister had never really thought about this prejudiced attitude she expressed and i bet this fool hasn't either. she heard it somewhere from someone and believed the bible condemned homosexuality (it doesn't, in fact it doesn't say much of anything about it at all) and so she adopted it as an attitude of her own. when i heard her say i was truly shocked and told her so.

but it also helps explain why i never came out to my parents. i knew how fucking ignorant they were. when my oldest sister's son (my nephew six or seven years younger than myself, so this happened in like 1985) was dying of AIDS i actually watched her perform an exorcisim on him, attempting to QUOTE cast the demon of homosexuality out of him. /QUOTE iow, she was INSANE. after both my parents were gone i did come out to the younger of my two sisters, on the occasion of my partner david's death. i wanted her to know why i was grieving despite her earlier ignorant remarks because she had lost her husband a couple years earlier. i've never officially come out to the older of my two sisters because i refuse to speak with her at all and haven't for almost 20 years. i have no respect for her what so ever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rawpaint.com
ems

ems

PostSubject: Re: News & Current Events   News & Current Events - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 5:43 pm

Cheers for repealing "don't ask, don't tell"!!! LD
Back to top Go down
painservedcold

PostSubject: Re: News & Current Events   News & Current Events - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 5:54 pm

Very true, the language allowing for repeal passed quite easily today. Congratulations to the United States, nice to see some forward momentum even without DREAM.
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: News & Current Events   News & Current Events - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 7:35 pm

dadt made it all the way to sri lankan news? wow
Back to top Go down
https://kbboys.darkbb.com
ems

ems

PostSubject: Re: News & Current Events   News & Current Events - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 7:55 pm

i was watching CNN
Back to top Go down
vagabond

vagabond

PostSubject: Re: News & Current Events   News & Current Events - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 8:09 am

dare de-vil wrote:
Well, one Estonian newspaper wrote about it Smile
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike

PostSubject: Re: News & Current Events   News & Current Events - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 12:31 pm

vagabond wrote:
dare de-vil wrote:
! ! ! that duz seem rather remarkable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rawpaint.com
vagabond

vagabond

PostSubject: Re: News & Current Events   News & Current Events - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 2:23 pm

Mr. Mike wrote:
vagabond wrote:
dare de-vil wrote:
! ! ! that duz seem rather remarkable.
Marking me? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nicks18

nicks18

PostSubject: Re: News & Current Events   News & Current Events - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 7:48 am

what he meant was that the fact that a newspaper all the way from Estonia would write about DADT from America is surprising, unusual but very much appreciated

but I still couldn't resist a silent facepalm, sorry Razz
Back to top Go down
http://nicktakesaim@facebook.com
painservedcold

PostSubject: Re: News & Current Events   News & Current Events - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 5:55 pm

Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords has been attacked at a constituency event. From what I've heard via various sources, a gunman arrived at her event and shot her + 17 others, all are either in critical condition, and six have died. Among the dead are a ten year old boy and a US judge.

I realize that you all dislike my bringing politics here, but we really should all at least keep them in our thoughts and hope she and the other injured persons pull through
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: News & Current Events   News & Current Events - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 6:19 pm

whats typically disliked is political squabble, not general politics. granted, i dont like politics in the sense of having daily chats about things, subjects such as this i think r, if not in my own world of importance, certainly mentionable.

not to mention, this topic is about news, so i cant call it off topic
Back to top Go down
vagabond

vagabond

PostSubject: Re: News & Current Events   News & Current Events - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 6:10 am

Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: News & Current Events   News & Current Events - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 6:02 pm

remember guys, theres a KBB facebook page. i feel so lonely every time i post something on that page

& just so i stay on topic, egypt's pres quit the job after like 30 years or somethin & just gave the rest of his power to the military pretty much. and apparently they wanna fire the cabinet & the parliament. supposedly the military there is trying to stay neutral but have shown some support for the peeps so yeah
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: News & Current Events   News & Current Events - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 9:04 pm

well i know that kabe is important, but is it really world news material?
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: News & Current Events   News & Current Events - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 6:33 pm

no.
Back to top Go down
painservedcold

PostSubject: Re: News & Current Events   News & Current Events - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 1:41 am

It's not earth-shattering news or even world news, but this coming Tuesday my city's school board is going to pass an anti-homophobia policy, making it one of the few jurisdictions in BC that has a dedicated plan to deal with homophobia, that's written down for everyone to know and understand.

I bring this up because I was one of the chief lobbyists in favour of passing the bill, and my side has apparently won. I also bring this up because it's another step towards real equality for all of us; one step at a time and even a small drop creates a ripple effect.
Back to top Go down
Crow

Crow

PostSubject: Re: News & Current Events   News & Current Events - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 2:10 am

Wish I could thumb that up
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: News & Current Events   News & Current Events - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 5:23 pm

i can c u being the rly annoying lobbyist lol
Back to top Go down
painservedcold

PostSubject: Re: News & Current Events   News & Current Events - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 6:29 am

dare de-vil wrote:
i can c u being the rly annoying lobbyist lol

lobbyist? I think not. Why be a lobbyist when I can wedge myself into a relatively safe seat in the legislature, and do the work myself? You know that's what's gonna happen, because lobbying sucks and I'd rather have them chasing me than being one.
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: News & Current Events   News & Current Events - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 7:44 am

painservedcold wrote:
I bring this up because I was one of the chief lobbyists in favour of passing the bill
Back to top Go down
painservedcold

PostSubject: Re: News & Current Events   News & Current Events - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 1:53 pm

dare de-vil wrote:
painservedcold wrote:
I bring this up because I was one of the chief lobbyists in favour of passing the bill

I know what I said Kellen. I also know that right now I'm not in any government body, so my ability to effect change is sadly limited to lobbying. I can assure you, that will change as soon as possible, as I am not spending my days simply lobbying for change I could be creating.
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: News & Current Events   News & Current Events - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 3:49 pm

painservedcold wrote:
dare de-vil wrote:
painservedcold wrote:

I know what I said Kellen. And you were right, I was wrong, as usual
Back to top Go down
painservedcold

PostSubject: Re: News & Current Events   News & Current Events - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 5:09 pm

dare de-vil wrote:
painservedcold wrote:
dare de-vil wrote:
painservedcold wrote:

I know what I said Kellen. And you were right, I was wrong, as usual

Aren't we mature Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News & Current Events   News & Current Events - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

News & Current Events
Page 4 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
kbboys :: Other :: Free Discussion-
Jump to: