kbboys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old friends abandon me, it's just the routine politics of jealousy

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chapter 15: Now What?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kell
Admin
Kell

Chapter 15: Now What? Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 15: Now What?   Chapter 15: Now What? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 10:28 pm

"SURPRISE!" screamed Jade's parents, my dad & I.

Jade woke up with a sharp jolt & nearly fell right out of his bed. He didn't have a shirt on & he looked so hot.

"Guys, what was that for?" he asked sharply, upset we had woken him up in not the most of pleasant ways.

"You know what it was for, birthday boy" I said with a smile. Jade was 15 years old now. Actually my birthday was coming up pretty soon, but today, it was only bout my boyfriend.

"I know it's my birthday, but you guys could have let me sleep in" he said, looking at his folks.

"It was Noah's idea" said his mom.

"Oh much better" he said rolling his eyes.

"You're welcome" I laughed.

We left Jade to get dressed & after he came out & then went to the bathroom, we waited for him to come upstairs. In the kitchen, we had taken two hours to make him a plate of bacon, which was also for me, scrambled eggs, french toast, pancakes, also for me, two waffles & a glass of milk. His sisters were out at the mall.

"I can't eat all this."

"Then I'll help" I replied, getting a fork & knife from the drawer.

While we ate, Jade's parents & my dad went outside to the backyard to chat about grown-up stuff.

"So this was all your idea?" asked Jade with a mouthful of eggs.

"Oh that's attractive" I chuckled.

"So this was really your idea?" he asked again with less food.

"Yeah."

"You're sweet Noahy, really" he said. He leaned across the table & kissed me gently.

"Thanks."

"Happy birthday."

We ate a little more food & talked about nothing particular. Then out parents came in from outside.

"Well we're going to the Fall Carnival honey in Portland" said his mom.

"Awesome!" Jade exclaimed to me.

"Um...actually sweetie, it's uh...only going to be you, me & your father" said Jade's mom. She wasn't very comfortable by the glance I saw shared by her & Jade's father.

"Why not?" asked Jade.

"Because we'd like it to be a family thing..." said his dad.

"Well what about Jenna & Julie?"

"Honey, they're in college, they probably don't wanna hang around with a 15 year old" replied his mother.

"Well if my sisters won't come, then how come my best friend can't come?" he complained.

"Jade, look, we wanna spend the day as a family, ok? You two are together all the time anyway" she said.

Jade didn't say anything for a few moments. Then he spoke up.

"Fine."

I spent most of my boyfriend's birthday by myself, not with him. I could tell he had really wanted me to be with him. I wondered why I hadn't been allowed to go, especially when his sisters were allowed to NOT go. I looked for my dad. I found him watching tv in his room.

"Hey dad?"

He looked up from the screen.

"Hmm?"

I stood there in the doorway with my hands in my pockets.

"How come Charlie & Mary didn't want me going with them to the fair for Jade's birthday?"

"Because they wanted some family time. You boys are always together, I bet they felt a little left out."

"But Jenna & Julie didn't even have to go. Why couldn't I just like, fill in for them?"

"Because even though they're family & they didn't go, maybe his parents didn't want people outside their family in the first place. Know what I mean?"

I looked down. I guess I cold understand that.

"I guess."

A few moments passed by with silence. I continued standing in the doorway, my dad watching the tv. Then he started talking again.

"C'mere bud" he said, patting the part of the bed next to him. I walked over & sat down up against him. He wrapped his arm around me.

"Listen...I think I figured out what's going on between the two of you..."

Suddenly, my heart sank. It was over.

"What do you mean..." I asked, already knowing.

"'Bout the two of you being kind of... with each other" he said.

My stomach got caught in my throat.

"Look kiddo, I'm not mad, ok? C'mon, talk to me" he said, rubbing my hair.

I felt myself starting to fall apart. I hadn't wanted this.

"You wanna tell me about it?" he asked.

I couldn't speak. I felt my eyes water. I suppose I was glad he wasn't mad, but that didn't mean...it didn't mean he wasn't disappointed.

"Tell me Noah. What's been going on with you two?" he asked me sincerely.

"I didn't want you to know, dad..." I sobbed, my voice wavering.

"How come?"

"Because...I didn't want you to be mad at me" I was choking up.

"Aww Noah, I could never be mad at you for something like this" he told me, giving me a hug. I sobbed into his shoulder. It was out now.

For a few minutes, we sat there in silence, the only sound in the room coming from ESPN Sports on the tv. I decided to speak.

"How'd you find out?"

"His parents found a journal laying around on his floor & they didn't know what it was, so they checked. Next thing they knew they saw everything he's written in there. They told me a few weeks ago, but I wasn't really sure if I believed them or not."

"So then how did YOU finally know?"

I saw the two of you sleeping closely on the couch a little while ago. I put 2 & 2 together & I figured that you guys really are together."

I closed my eyes & rested against his shoulder, him rubbing my hair.

"So his parents know, too?"

"Yup."

"Is that why they didn't want me coming with them?"

"Well, maybe. I mean they think that the reason he never told them is because they weren't close enough to him."

"Ok."

"Now I'm gonna ask you something & I want you to tell me the truth, ok? Are you & Jade being...intimate?"

I didn't answer him. How could I? That was perhaps the most personal question ever.

"Noah, tell me."

"Yes..." I whispered.

"Ok."

"But it's not like we're maniacs & do it every time we're alone."

"Define 'do it'."

I had just cornered myself.

"Dad...I can't..." I stuttered.

"Fine. I just want you guys to know that even though I think you're too young to be doing this at all, I just want you to be safe, alright?"

"I know" I said, gaining my composure.

"Ok good. Now look. I love you boys just the same as I always have, ok? And I'm sure his parents feel the same way."

"I hope so."

"Love you bud."

"Love you, too dad" I said, giving him a hug & wiping my eyes.

"Now go wash up for dinner."

I stood up, gave him another hug & then went to the bathroom to wash up & clean myself up.

Dad & I ate dinner that night watching Will & Grace, ironically. The rest of the night was pretty much just the same as it had always been for the past 6 years. I thought about my mom just then & hoped that she was proud of me no matter where she was.
Back to top Go down
https://kbboys.darkbb.com

Chapter 15: Now What?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
kbboys :: Noah & Jaden :: Noah & Jaden-
Jump to: