kbboys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old friends abandon me, it's just the routine politics of jealousy

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

KBB Discussion

Go down 
+3
Sabazius
ems
Kell
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ems

ems

KBB Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KBB Discussion   KBB Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 8:12 am

Wow! Broken back sounds painful!!
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: KBB Discussion   KBB Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 8:22 am

and potentially life-threatening...ur !'s make u come off way too cheerful lol
Back to top Go down
https://kbboys.darkbb.com
los34

los34

PostSubject: Re: KBB Discussion   KBB Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 10:21 pm

no man cant wait thay say it a old injury it hahppen win i was young it is the 1th time i was told me & my mom r piss if thay the right thing win i was younger i wood not need this the olny time we can think was win i was 7 almost 30yr ago walk around with a broken back 4 that long & yes real painful the date is dec.18 bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
ems

ems

PostSubject: Re: KBB Discussion   KBB Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 8:40 am

Well good luck with the surgery
Back to top Go down
los34

los34

PostSubject: Re: KBB Discussion   KBB Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 7:39 pm

thanks i hope it help with the pain
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: KBB Discussion   KBB Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 6:47 pm

so i've decided to scrap my first short story Sad

as ive been thinkin about it, i just dont think, even if it was fiction, i could bring a realistic feel to the backdrop of the story. if any of u have heard of the roanoke colony, thats the backdrop. basically it was britains first attempt to colonize north america & the colony failed. it ended up becoming known as "the lost colony" because when some of the settlers returned to england for supplies & then came back, all of the settlers who had stayed at roanoke had disappeared & nobody has since known what happened to them

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roanoke_Colony

anyway, my first short story was gonna focus on 2 boys. one of whom would return shortly to england & then when he came back to roanoke, his "friend"/the other boy would have mysteriously vanished. the reason i dont think i could really make this story work is because everything was so religiously oriented back then that even as a fictional story, i just dont find it possible to think that they would have had the guts to mess around a) with someone they werent married to & b) with another boy. and even though the story wouldve been fictional, i wouldve liked it to be a tiny bit historically accurate. for example, the names of everyone, including the children, the natives, names of ships, etc.

so since ive decided to scrap it, i figured i'd show u guys what i had written up to

The Lost Colony

I leaned against the ropes holding the forward mast, feeling the sea winds whip & lash through my long hair. I stared with a slight smile as the thin black hill of land peeked over the horizon, promising the end of a well-meant but harsh journey across the cool, choppy ocean. As the waves bounced the ship soothingly, I turned my head back to see others come on deck & watch in awe at the approaching world. It had been months and finally, our voyage was near completion. Land ahoy had already been called; they were the first words on the ship to stir us, cutting the dreams and warm slumbers short.

I watched as my mother and father walked up onto the deck. They smiled at me and waved me over to them. I jumped from my step & made my way toward them.

"Well, dear, how is it?" my mother asked.

"Take a look for yourself!" I exclaimed, nodding them over to the front of the boat. I followed them as they approached the bow, hearing my mother gasp quietly when she saw the eerily familiar sight of dark green trees growing in our sight. The rest of the ship was now walking towards the front to witness this new world in front of us.

"They have tress..." my father noted.

As the noise of the crowd behind us grew louder, I turned around to see who else was nearby. And that's when I saw Thomas.

I didn't know him before the voyage, but over these last couple months, we had become quite friendly. As all us younger ones had. I was too young to understand myself whenever he was about, yet old enough to know that I was drawn to him more than any other of my newly acquired friends. He was handsome, with dark brown hair that was long to his broad shoulders. A torso that would have made one of the sailors hold his breath. And a demeanor that drew everyone to him. We had become great friends, even if he seemed to be more of a man than boy in shape.

"William!" he called as he made his way through the people.

"How long have you been out here?" he asked, moving his hair aside.

"I was in the galley when they called land ahoy," I told him. "I rushed as fast as I could. I can only assume you feel asleep against the wall again?" I laughed.

Just as Thomas was about to respond, the captain called out for the crew to start preparing to anchor us. Suddenly, all around the crowd of people, the crew was moving quickly. As crates were pushed & pulled, ropes tied & thrown, & clips clipped & unclipped, the captain told us to prepare ourselves for the deport. I followed my mother & father as we made our way through the people back to our cabin. Soon, all our greats & goods were together, & we made our way back to the deck along with the rest of the ship.

As the crowd crawled towards the ramp to exit as soon as the ship had set, I began to wonder what our lives would become. Would we become rich? Would we meet new peoples? Were they God-fearing too? Would they like us? Would we like them? What kind of food was there? Would it be cold? Were there animals like we knew? I didn't know. No one did. Soon enough, my mother, father & me were walking down the ramp. Thomas' family was nearby & when he saw me, he waved, which I returned. We were soon at the end of the ramp, & as we stepped onto the smooth pale sand of this alien beach, I tried to think if one could even fathom what kind of world lied ahead.
Back to top Go down
ems

ems

PostSubject: Re: KBB Discussion   KBB Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:00 pm

Wow! That sounds like a very good idea! But I dunno if it sounds unrealistic. I LOVE that you wanted the story to have some accuracy.

But the best part is that you wanted not to "publish" it because you were not happy with it. I think that shows that you care about what you write and not just write because you want to. Also, people who are selfishly particular about what the put out there, wanting it to be better and make themselves happy/ proud about their work, are the ones that produce GOOD stories/ content. I'm so happy that you chose to stop writing the story!
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: KBB Discussion   KBB Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 10:02 pm

haha yeah me too lol. im too much of a history buff to let historical backdrops go unchecked haha. i also had another historical setting story that wouldve taken place during the holocaust but i decided to not do that one. basically for the same reasons lol
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: KBB Discussion   KBB Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 2:08 am

i dunno about u guys but my summer is going great (with the exception of having found a job, funny enough ;D) so im more than aware that i owe some chapters. i'll get on them asap. happy 4th my fellow 'muricans (im about an hour overdue but oh well haha)
Back to top Go down
ems

ems

PostSubject: Re: KBB Discussion   KBB Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 12:21 am

New job? Do tell more!
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: KBB Discussion   KBB Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 2:41 am

i dont have a job. thats the exception...
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: KBB Discussion   KBB Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 4:45 am

well, theres only 5 chapters left of noah & jaden guys. what do u think of that?
Back to top Go down
Sabazius

Sabazius

PostSubject: Re: KBB Discussion   KBB Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 8:59 am

Wow. On the one hand, it's sad to think that a story that we've all known and been a part of for so many years is coming to an end. On the other, it's pretty amazing that you've basically written a full-length story and over the years you've developed as a writer. Once you've finished, It'll be nice to go back and read the whole thing so I can do a whole-story review, which you can bet will be pretty positive. Well done Kell!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/alexander.richard.keen
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: KBB Discussion   KBB Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 9:58 am

awww thanks alex lol

and yeah, its weird for me to think about it. when i first started writing it, for some reason i thought, hey maybe this is a story i can write for the rest of my life. as they grow, i grow & like, 60 years from now, theyd be going through the same problems as me haha.

but clearly thats not happening. as much as i treasure naj, its just NOT something i would ever wanna keep writing endlessly. for a while afterwards, i thought maybe id make it up to 100 chapters long but by now, i think we've all come to realize my writing speed so i decided (after i wrote chapter 20) that it would end at 50.

once its done, it'll free up some time of mine which will allow me to write the other stories quicker. and once theyre done, its on to new stories!

i should mention that as of now, i dont plan on having any other stories reach 50 chapters.
Back to top Go down
ems

ems

PostSubject: Re: KBB Discussion   KBB Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:34 am

I don't think that bit has news has sunk in to me yet.
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: KBB Discussion   KBB Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:10 pm

take deep breaths & get a cup of water.
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: KBB Discussion   KBB Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 12:59 pm

im thinking of waiting until rory is finished to start writing my short stories. im really not sure. cuz ive tried to start writing them, but when i do, i tell myself "instead of writing THIS, u could be working towards the next chapter of whatever story people are waiting for."

but at the same time, i dont know how long it would take me to write a short story, so i wouldnt be sure how long u guys would be waiting.

thoughts?
Back to top Go down
ems

ems

PostSubject: Re: KBB Discussion   KBB Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 6:52 pm

Start writing your short stories.
Back to top Go down
Sabazius

Sabazius

PostSubject: Re: KBB Discussion   KBB Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 3:02 pm

Write whatever makes you happiest to write
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/alexander.richard.keen
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: KBB Discussion   KBB Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 9:08 pm

ugh
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: KBB Discussion   KBB Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 4:42 pm

well guys, ive finished my first short story! but i think ive decided im gonna save posting it until theres a long time gap between updates of my other stories. that way, i can give u guys something while im still working on my series lol
Back to top Go down
ems

ems

PostSubject: Re: KBB Discussion   KBB Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 4:56 am

Good strategy, i suppose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KBB Discussion   KBB Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KBB Discussion
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3