kbboys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old friends abandon me, it's just the routine politics of jealousy

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you listening to?

Go down 
+20
Erick
SPM
Crow
marcuss
DreamCatcher
Dannyboi
crazzycat
TheCptNemo
nicks18
Kell
Sabazius
chris55
No Answer
jd
ems
Ecii
Staile
painservedcold
Mr. Mike
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike

What are you listening to? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 1:10 am

Lou Reed
A WALK ON THE WILD SIDE

Holly came from miami f.l.a.
Hitch-hiked her way across the u.s.a.

Plucked her eyebrows on the way
Shaved her leg and then he was a she
She says, hey babe, take a walk on the wild side
Said, hey honey, take a walk on the wild side

Candy came from out on the island
In the backroom she was everybodys darling

But she never lost her head
Even when she was given head
She says, hey babe, take a walk on the wild side
Said, hey babe, take a walk on the wild side
And the coloured girls go

Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo
(doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo)
(doo)

Little joe never once gave it away
Everybody had to pay and pay

A hustle here and a hustle there
New york city is the place where they said
Hey babe, take a walk on the wild side
I said hey joe, take a walk on the wild side

Sugar plum fairy came and hit the streets
Lookin for soul food and a place to eat

Went to the apollo
You should have seen him go go go
They said, hey sugar, take a walk on the wild side
I said, hey babe, take a walk on the wild side
All right, huh

Jackie is just speeding away
Thought she was james dean for a day

Then I guess she had to crash
Valium would have helped that dash
She said, hey babe, take a walk on the wild side
I said, hey honey, take a walk on the wild side
And the coloured girls say

(doo)

PS, this is the 'Little Joe' (D'allesandro) spoken of in the song:

What are you listening to? - Page 2 Joe%2BDallesandro

What are you listening to? - Page 2 Candelabra

What are you listening to? - Page 2 Img133

Back to top Go down
http://www.rawpaint.com
Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 1:27 am

There are several versions of this
Lou Reed ∞ Velvet Underground
Cut it first
But there are multiple covers

First
The Velvet Underground
VENUS IN FURS - LIVE
(c 1966?)
short clip only
I think these shots were taken in Andy Warhol's factory

This is the full version
Lou Reed • Velvet Underground
VENUS IN FURS

And not to be missed
Dave Navarro
Janes Addiction

(I think -- not attributed at source)
VENUS IN FURS

Shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather
Whiplash girlchild in the dark
Clubs and bells, your servant, dont forsake him
Strike, dear mistress, and cure his heart

Downy sins of streetlight fancies
Chase the costumes she shall wear
Ermine furs adorn the imperious
Severin, severin awaits you there

I am tired, I am weary
I could sleep for a thousand years
A thousand dreams that would awake me
Different colors made of tears

Kiss the boot of shiny, shiny leather
Shiny leather in the dark
Tongue of thongs, the belt that does await you

Severin, severin, speak so slightly
Severin, down on your bended knee
Taste the whip, in love not given lightly
Taste the whip, now plead for me

I am tired, I am weary
I could sleep for a thousand years
A thousand dreams that would awake me
Different colors made of tears

Shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather
Whiplash girlchild in the dark
Severin, your servant comes in bells, please dont forsake him

Back to top Go down
Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 2:03 am

To lighten up the DARK MOOD set by the above
Let's have a mash up !
Twisted Evil

Simple Minds
vs
Coldplay
DON'T YOU
FORGET ABOUT ME

Back to top Go down
Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 2:09 am

And if THAT didn't lighten the mood enough
There's THIS!
(I really don't know what else to say about it.
You'll just have to watch for yourself.)

Wild Rumpus
ROCK THE JOINT

Back to top Go down
Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 2:21 am

And if you're STILL thinking about
Shiney Boots of Leather
I just don't know what could possibly
take your mind off of them
unless
it might be . . .

GIVIGING IT THIS AND THAT
oh yeah
watch the guy @ 1:34 who says
"she'll get by"

Back to top Go down
No Answer

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 1:46 pm

Wow Mike, just a little too exposing on one of those pics that you posted there. I guess I really shouldn't open this site when I'm at the library. Sad
Back to top Go down
chris55

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 1:53 pm

Mike, I liked Fade to Black and thought The Dead Heart was pretty good too. Stone Temple Pilots are one of my favorite bands, so the Revolution cover was my favorite. Coldplay is good too, but I think they're better without Don't You Forget About Me.

and these guys are one of my favorite bands that nobody I know has heard of. One of the better things Canada has produced IMO. Razz

Last edited by chris55 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chris55

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 1:54 pm

Back to top Go down
Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 5:20 pm

irishboi69 wrote:
Wow Mike, just a little too exposing on one of those pics that you posted there. I guess I really shouldn't open this site when I'm at the library. Sad

HA ... that'll learn ya! What are you doing on this site at the library anyway, dude? hehe
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 5:33 pm

Thanks for turning me on to The Tea Party, Chris. No, I hadn't heard of them. Very rich sound. Love it!

PS -- I love Cold Play, Too -- that mash up was just meant to be more a joke than anything.
Back to top Go down
painservedcold

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 6:11 pm

Boys Like Girls - Thunder
Faber Drive - G-Get up and Dance
Back to top Go down
ems

ems

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 6:10 am

Quote :
Boys Like Girls - Thunder

no you dont, lol. Razz
Back to top Go down
Ecii

Ecii

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 11:06 pm

Love the song.

Back to top Go down
Sabazius

Sabazius

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 4:29 am

I love coldplay. They actually released a free online live album called leftrightleftrightleft which was totally underpublicised and nobody I've spoken to has heard of. Google it, it's pretty epic. As for mashups, norwegian recycling did a coldplay-based mashup called viva la viral. All their stuff is pretty great, that one is incredible. Also free online, google it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/alexander.richard.keen
Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 6:41 pm

A few years old now but I still love it.

Back to top Go down
Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 11:26 pm

This song takes me back to my childhood.

LoL!

Embedding is disabled
(why is beyond my comprehension)
but you can watch it at the source.

Back to top Go down
No Answer

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 1:44 am

Oh hey Woody, I forgot to comment on your vid, which I will definitely say is super cool. Plus the dude in the vids is super cute too, hehe. I was watching some of his other vids, and wow. I so hope he is gay. You know, and I know some of you are probably thinking this about me, but why di I always wish that these cute guys are gay. IDK really. Probably just wishing. But seriously, he sure does act that way in several of his vids. But idk either cuz maybe that is just the norm for the "Virgin Island" bois, hehe.

No matter really, good vid though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
No Answer

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 1:46 am

Here's another vid from teh cutie that Woody posted earlier. I really like this one. Plus it shows or reveals more of his awesome bod, hehe. Embarassed
Enjoy!

Back to top Go down
No Answer

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 6:38 pm

Ok, so I came home, and heard this song being played on the music system throughout my house. I had to find it & attach this vid so that you all could hear it too. I know it is from yester-years, but it is sooo beautiful. I remember listening to this song over & over when I was around 5 or so. I think it was published in 1995, so there ya go, lol. Anyways, at that time, and through the years there after, I always heard this song, and though about how it relates to me & ppl like me. Noooo, I'm not talking about my race like refered to in the song, but instead how we, ppl who like other ppl of the same sex. I mean, maybe, and I feel in my heart that some day this will happen. And yes, I'm hoping that I will be alive to see it, but that our world will accept ppl for who they are. Not for what we like or dislike, how wealthy or poor we are, or even still, our skin color, but seriously who we are as a human being. This song so tells me that. I will admit, I do tear up, and maybe even cry sometimes when I hear this. Plez listen to it & see if you agree with me. I recommend that you hear the words with your eyes closed, so that you can invision your own idea of what is being said.

Sorry for boring you with my ramble. I guess I'm just in an emotional state right now. I was verbally assaulted today on campus by this idiot that was pissed off with something he did, and as he was running out of the building my friends & I were going into, he walked into me dropping all his personal crap everywhere. Even though he didn't feel the need to apologize, I still did & attempted to help gather his crap. At some moment during this, while my other friends stood there, he decided to go off on me. And assuming that I was gay or something, cuz you really can't tell from just looking at someone, he started name calling and then moved on to throwing a book towards me. I just dropped what I was holding, and my friends & I walked off. Anyways, this song just adds to the fact that ppl are such idiots, and need to remember that we are all human.

Oh, and even though some of you don't know it, but I too have been an ass lately. My attitude and teh continuous venting about stupid crap has been a little extreme. So if ant any time I was a jerk or ass to you, or said something that offended you or someone that you know, I am sorry. I am improving, or trying too, thanks to Tyler advising me that I was a whiney baby, haha.

Ok, enough, here ya go guys. Very Happy And let us hope someday that we all too believe, cuz I do ...

Back to top Go down
painservedcold

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 6:46 pm

I'm sorry you had a bad day today Sam. Once I get to my next lecture (~10 minutes) do you wanna talk about it?
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 7:25 pm

Back to top Go down
https://kbboys.darkbb.com
ems

ems

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 3:08 am

my absolute favourite song for the past 2 months or so.

Back to top Go down
Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 3:59 am

ems wrote:
my absolute favourite song for the past 2 months or so.
Ok. Wait. I may be having one of those senility moments. It happens to old folks like me.

I don't get the chorus. I mean, since when did punk rockers wear flowers in their hair? Or, is that the point, that they never did? I mean hippies -- my generation -- yeah, we wore flowers in our hair. But not the punks. So, I guess what I'm saying is, although I'm digging the song and the video and like a lot of the lyrics, is there something about this that I'm not "getting"? Sometimes I suspect I'm missing out on the meaning of a lot of contemporary things. I'm so out of touch with whatever is considered "in" -- if, indeed, there is such a thing any more -- I'm not sure what is going on half the time. Oh! That reminds me. Here's a vocabulary word for your collection:

Back to top Go down
ems

ems

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 3:30 pm

i think that it is something that never happened.

i wish i was a puck rocker with flowers in my hair.
in '77 and '69 revolution was in the air (was there?)
i was born to lead, a world doesnt care (do they?)

and then things that actually happened in an era long gone takes over the verses.
Back to top Go down
Sabazius

Sabazius

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:15 pm

I'm sorry, but I HATE that song. Sandi Thom is just so pretentious, she basically missed out the whole ethos of two seminal cultural movements - punk and hippy - with the lyrics, and ruined acoustic-singer-songwriter folk with the music. Plus she pretended to be this underground, independent artist getting famous through youtube, and everyone was like 'wow, this proves that we don't need the corporate machine' then it turned out she had done all her videos in a studio-built mockup of her basement, was signed to a record label, used autotune on all her recordings and couldn't sing very well at all in real life, and had a massive pr movement behind her using viral ads and spamming youtube with her name so that they could make loads of money of her success when they pretended to sign her after she got famous and they got a rep for signing new hip underground artists. The whole thing was a set up by the fucking industry. As someone with an absolute love of all things musical, you can see why I really despise her and the music she 'makes' (she didn't write it, she can't sing it... what's the point of her?)
/rant
sorry if you enjoy this, actually. I shouldn't really post this since it;s a bit bitchy, but I think people should know she's a faker.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/alexander.richard.keen
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to?
Page 2 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
kbboys :: Other :: Free Discussion-
Jump to: