kbboys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old friends abandon me, it's just the routine politics of jealousy

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you listening to?

Go down 
+20
Erick
SPM
Crow
marcuss
DreamCatcher
Dannyboi
crazzycat
TheCptNemo
nicks18
Kell
Sabazius
chris55
No Answer
jd
ems
Ecii
Staile
painservedcold
Mr. Mike
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike

What are you listening to? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 11:43 pm

Sabazius wrote:
/rant
sorry if you enjoy this, actually. I shouldn't really post this since it;s a bit bitchy, but I think people should know she's a faker.
Wow. Actually, I'm very glad you did post your rant, Alex. This helps me understand what the F is going on w/ this song. NO WONDER it didn't make any sense to me! This is what I'm looking for -- AN EDUCATION about current pop musical culture!

geek
Back to top Go down
http://www.rawpaint.com
ems

ems

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 4:02 am

WOW! thats some serious shit! glad that you said that, but i still like the song Neutral ...
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 4:50 am

Back to top Go down
Sabazius

Sabazius

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 12:47 am

One of the best music videos of all time, plus it's an incredible song by a great band :)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/alexander.richard.keen
ems

ems

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:44 am

i already posted that song Alex! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sabazius

Sabazius

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:22 pm

ems wrote:
i already posted that song Alex! ;)
yeah well... I didn't remember that! And also I embedded the video so people could actually watch it, so I win :P (lol)
Back to top Go down
ems

ems

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 2:07 am

i still posted the URL of the video in HD! Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
ems

ems

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:45 am

another HUGE favourite of mine! something that make me scream " RIHANNA!!! I LOVE YOU!!! MARRY ME!!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8XC7idFyvE
Back to top Go down
ems

ems

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 3:38 am

another favourite of mine. Fire by Augustana

Back to top Go down
Sabazius

Sabazius

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 11:49 am

I just got Spotify, which is evil cos the record companies take all the money, but I dl music !llegai anyway so whatever
so I'm listening to the album 'Kind Of Blue' by 'Miles Davis'. It's incredible.
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 3:43 pm

quick question guys, how many of u ACTUALLY watch music vids & stuff posted by other members? cuz i never watch ne of yer guys' stuff lol
Back to top Go down
https://kbboys.darkbb.com
ems

ems

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 12:37 am

i actually watched every single one of them! thanks, kell for letting us know that you dont bother!
Back to top Go down
nicks18

nicks18

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 3:36 am

I watch when it looks cool, and the poster sold it well.
Back to top Go down
http://nicktakesaim@facebook.com
Sabazius

Sabazius

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 3:26 pm

I always check it out, unless I'm super busy, in which case I'll watch it later. What's the point of talking about it if you're not going to bother taking anything away from the discussion?
Back to top Go down
ems

ems

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 5:07 am

i really dont like rap, but i listen to this song only because Rihanna is in it!!

Back to top Go down
Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 1:29 pm

dare de-vil wrote:
quick question guys, how many of u ACTUALLY watch music vids & stuff posted by other members? cuz i never watch ne of yer guys' stuff lol
Somehow, that reminds me of my freshman year in college. The foundation year art appreciation course was taught by an art critic named "Joshua Kind." The first day of class before the teach walked in one of the guys went to the blackboard and wrote: "Kind is cruel." We all snickered. A couple minutes later, the guy walks in, sits his brief case down on the desk, sees the writing on the black board, walks over to it, erases the "cruel" part, writes "CRUELEST" in its place, then turns around and says, "Any more questions?"

The really weird part is some time later he was lecturing before the class at the art institute and when that was over he offered to give me and my then (secret) BF, Bob, a ride back to campus. Once he had us in the car he asked us if we'd like to go to a strip club. Bob and I looked at one another and broke out laughing. Bob had already been busted one night for being under age and out in a back alley with me and some other guys who had been given the assignment to photograph some interesting walls (I know, sounds dumb, but that was art school). There were four or five of us together in a back alley in one of the more "interesting" (jazz and strip club) areas of the city. A police car drove by and saw all these guys in the alley so they backed up, pulled in and asked us what we were doing -- which we explained. We even had the cameras so they believed us. But they carded us and it turned out Bob was still only 17 -- so they hauled him off and we had to call his dad to come bale him out. But of course the real reason Bob and I were laughing was we had no interest in going to see girls get naked -- and if there were any male strip joints in those days we'd certainly never heard of 'em. Besides, we weren't really sure WHY Mr. Kind was offering to get so chummy w/ us NEway.

Maybe he had a heart of gold and was afraid to let us know it? Or maybe he was a total perv wanting to get into our pants. Either way, Kind wasn't cruel, let alone cruelest.

Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:43 pm

i hav no idea how wat i sed reminded u of that...
Back to top Go down
nicks18

nicks18

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 9:24 pm

nice story Mr. Mike but same thought with Kell_ _ _ _ _ _ drunken
Back to top Go down
http://nicktakesaim@facebook.com
Sabazius

Sabazius

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 1:44 am

painter wrote:
Somehow, that reminds me of my freshman year in college. The foundation year art appreciation course was taught by an art critic named "Joshua Kind." The first day of class before the teach walked in one of the guys went to the blackboard and wrote: "Kind is cruel." We all snickered. A couple minutes later, the guy walks in, sits his brief case down on the desk, sees the writing on the black board, walks over to it, erases the "cruel" part, writes "CRUELEST" in its place, then turns around and says, "Any more questions?
Best class control ever What are you listening to? - Page 3 Icon_rr
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 5:44 pm

haha i agree
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 2:51 am

dare de-vil wrote:
i hav no idea how wat i sed reminded u of that...

Laughing Laughing Laughing Razz Razz Razz

But OF COURSE you don't.

What are you listening to? - Page 3 Kruella

So don't bother your pretty little head about it, K?.

Here, listen to this instead or something:

Quote :
New Divide

I remembered black skies / the lightning all around me
I remembered each flash / as time began to blur
Like a startling sign / that fate had finally found me
And your voice was all I heard
That I get what I deserve

So give me reason / to prove me wrong / to wash this memory clean
Let the floods cross the distance in your eyes
Give me reason / to fill this hole / connect the space between
Let it be enough to reach the truth that lies
Across this new divide

There was nothing in sight / but memories left abandoned
There was nowhere to hide / the ashes fell like snow
And the ground caved in / between where we were standing

Across this new divide

In every loss / in every lie
In every truth that you'd deny
And each regret / and each goodbye
was a mistake to great to hide

Give me reason / to fill this hole / connect the space between
Let it be enough to reach the truth that lies
Across this new divide
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 3:04 am

When this song reached the top of the chart in November of 1962, I was 14 years old, soon to turn 15 a couple months later. I wasn't really into "Girl Groups" but this song spoke to me -- if you can imagine me wearing a black leather jacket with lots of zippers and carrying a switch blade (all the 'girls' had one, no joke), well that was me at the time. Of course knowing I was gay the song had two levels of meaning -- I was both the boy being sung about and the boy singing -- even though in real life the song was being sung by a girl, but whatever, right? It was the power of the voice, the passion, that mattered, not the gender. I knew exactly where this girl was coming from.

Yeah, those old mono recordings really were that bad. But you know, for us, it sounded more like THIS:

Now here is the re-mastered version in full quality sound just for you (you have to DL the mp3 to hear it, of course0:

Back to top Go down
Sabazius

Sabazius

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 12:13 pm

That's awesome Mike, love those lyrics. And I know just what you mean listening to lyrics about guys on two levels as a gay guy. At the moment I'm listening to anything I can find at uni: because all the students are connected to the internet on the same network, you can listen to the music and watch the vids of anyone who has itunes/wmp and has sharing enabled, which is enough people to give you access to about 20,000 songs (so far, the number of people I'm connecting to is rising by the minute!). It kinda explains why music sharing started at uni, it just makes so much sense when you're already doing it to expand to the rest of the internet.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 1:52 pm

Hi, Alex, glad you liked it. It still makes me want to get up and ***dance!***

As for music sharing, in real space we share music with our friends. Much of what the 60s were all about were young people gathering in their dorm rooms, bed rooms, or apartments and listening to albums played on the stereo while we talked, got high, fucked and whatever. Sometimes we'd drop acid and just lie there listening to the Beetles or Hendrix or, later, Led Zep or Pink Floyd, for HOURS. The point is it was a shared experience. I've posted the above not because I want to infringe on copyrights but because I want to share the experience of that music with my friends. To those of us for whom the internet has become not only a "shared space" but a "sharing space," laws against this seem not only pointless but hostile. They impede our sharing of social experiences.

There is an interesting video that discusses this from a particular perspective you might find interesting. Not sure if I've posted this before, if I have, forgive me Kell! In it the narrator is discussing the history of the "Amen Break." It is a fascinating history in itself. However, he takes this further and discusses the significance of this history from the point of view of cultural development: How "sampling" and recontextualizing previously created forms expands the range of cultural experience and how this is curtailed when copyright restrictions are taken to the extreme. Definitely worth the 18 minute time investment if you're interested in this sort of thing:

Back to top Go down
painservedcold

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 5:34 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI4JLa0hbUw

I just really love this song
Lyrics posted below

You would not believe your eyes
If ten million fireflies
Lit up the world as I fell asleep

'Cause they'd fill the open air
And leave teardrops everywhere
You'd think me rude
But I would just stand and stare

I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay
Awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems

'Cause I'd get a thousand hugs
From ten thousand lightning bugs
As they tried to teach me how to dance

A foxtrot above my head
A sock hop beneath my bed
A disco ball is just hanging by a thread

Awake when I'm asleep
When I fall asleep

Leave my door open just a crack
(Please take me away from here)
'Cause I feel like such an insomniac
Why do I tire of counting sheep
When I'm far too tired to fall asleep

To ten million fireflies
I'm weird 'cause I hate goodbyes
I got misty eyes as they said farewell

But I'll know where several are
If my dreams get real bizarre
'Cause I saved a few and I keep them in a jar

Awake when I'm asleep
When I fall asleep

Awake when I'm asleep
When I fall asleep

That planet earth turns slowly
Awake when I'm asleep
Because my dreams are bursting at the seams
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to?
Page 3 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
kbboys :: Other :: Free Discussion-
Jump to: