kbboys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old friends abandon me, it's just the routine politics of jealousy

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you listening to?

Go down 
+20
Erick
SPM
Crow
marcuss
DreamCatcher
Dannyboi
crazzycat
TheCptNemo
nicks18
Kell
Sabazius
chris55
No Answer
jd
ems
Ecii
Staile
painservedcold
Mr. Mike
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike

What are you listening to? - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:46 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.rawpaint.com

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 2:32 pm

tha phantom of the opera has some amazing music

Back to top Go down
chris55

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 3:06 am

Back to top Go down
ems

ems

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 12:54 pm

i LOVE this version of 21 Guns

Back to top Go down
ems

ems

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 4:25 pm

i just found this band on the facebook page of converse. and they are amazing!

this is the link to their myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/thedigisup
Back to top Go down
ems

ems

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 1:48 pm

King's College choir singing O Holy Night

Back to top Go down
Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 11:41 pm

i doubt ne of u will like this as much as i do

oh and this cover by the murdocs is also kewl, especially the guitar player w/ his shirt off Wink yeah the sound quality is beyond horrid but thats part of what i like about it Shocked

Back to top Go down
Sabazius

Sabazius

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 1:28 am

Mr. Mike wrote:
Ah, but doubting doesn't make it so! Razz

Bombay Bicycle Club is one of many bands whose music I've enjoyed in the past, but never taken the time to research properly. I have a policy of sorts, that if a band/artist doesn't immediately grab my attention, then I won't pursue them until they do so. It's not musical snobbery, honestly - I'm frequently encountering bands who blow my metaphorical socks off, and I have neither the time nor the space on my iPod for bands who don't delight me at that point in time. As it is, whenever I get reminded of such a band by a friend (like yourself) whose music tastes I trust, I'll endeavour to give them a second chance. Some of my favourite bands have been those whose music I've only gotten into on a second, third or even fourth listen, years after first hearing them. Tastes, as always, are changeable.

I have a theory that with practice it is perfectly possible to attune your ear to the many subtleties offered by any one musical genre or 'area', but that doing so pushes out another. I only have space for one or two genres at a time, even though over an extended period there are few things I won't enjoy listening to at one point or another. Alas, this time, Bombay Bicycle Club don't quite make the grade, but that's most likely because I'm in post-hardcore/metal/alt-rock mode right now, and all indie sounds alike to me.

I offer you all some Glassjaw, whose music to be in prefect harmony with current trends in my musical taste:

Worth investigating for any fans of Placebo, My Chemical Romance, Primus, Tool, The Zico Chain, or anything in that realm Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/alexander.richard.keen
Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 2:25 am

Sabazius wrote:
Mr. Mike wrote:
true. but after all u said i think i was right. right?

glassjaw iz cool so what other post-hardcore/metal/alt-rock r u n 2, alex? i gota $25 itunes gift certificate for xmas Razz

Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 3:36 am

Back to top Go down
https://kbboys.darkbb.com
Sabazius

Sabazius

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 12:26 pm

Mr. Mike wrote:
Sabazius wrote:
Mr. Mike wrote:

glassjaw iz cool so what other post-hardcore/metal/alt-rock r u n 2, alex? i gota $25 itunes gift certificate for xmas Razz

You were right indeed, I'm just saying your low expectations hardly set me up to enjoy it to the full! Razz

As for other bands, I mentioned some in my other post. If you aren't familiar with The Zico Chain, listen to this song:

One of my favourite post-hardcore bands would have to be Alexisonfire. This is from their latest album, some of their older stuff is much more screamy but I just love Dallas Green (AKA City & Colour, an acoustic singer-songwriter you HAVE to check out). His vocals make this:

I'll leave you for now with some Attack Attack! They're a strange but enjoyable blend of very poppy post-punk and hardcore:
Back to top Go down
ems

ems

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 3:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 3:55 am

dare de-vil wrote:
DoobieBros Long Train Running
Damn that conga solo must a HURT!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 4:29 am

ems wrote:
BeachBoiz Wouldn't It Be Nice
AHhhhh LOL 1 of my alltime favs. nice that its not gender specific, too. OMFG. takes me back to when I was 16yo and LIVED on the beach. wasn't much of a surfer but had a great tan and a blond stripe in my hair. that was in florida where i went to high school. which ofc reminds me of THIS:

Back to top Go down
Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 4:43 am

Sabazius wrote:
Mr. Mike wrote:
Sabazius wrote:
Mr. Mike wrote:

You were right indeed, I'm just saying your low expectations hardly set me up to enjoy it to the full! Razz
well xcuzémoi, k?

Quote :
As for other bands, I mentioned some in my other post. If you aren't familiar with The Zico Chain, listen to this song:

One of my favourite post-hardcore bands would have to be Alexisonfire. This is from their latest album, some of their older stuff is much more screamy but I just love Dallas Green (AKA City & Colour, an acoustic singer-songwriter you HAVE to check out). His vocals make this:

I'll leave you for now with some Attack Attack! They're a strange but enjoyable blend of very poppy post-punk and hardcore:
All GREAT recommendations, alex. THANX!!! unfortunately the alexisonfire (!!!!) song in the video isn't on itunes yet. Sad i'l have to record it off youtube i guess. but yeah, this is helpful. wat i'm looking for is well, hmmm, hard to explain. sumpn to get my blood pumpn?? sorta like this:

Last edited by Mr. Mike on Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 4:58 am

an now 4 sumpn completely diffrnt

the boy who wouldnt hoe corn

yeah that wood b me

Back to top Go down
ems

ems

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 11:50 am

Chris Andrew - Yesterday Man

Back to top Go down
Sabazius

Sabazius

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 1:45 pm

E, I <3 that song. Somehow it manages to make some quite sad themes into an uplifting and hopeful song.

Mike, love that Chevelle song. As for music to get your blood pumping, I'd recommend Enter Shikari:

Back to top Go down
ems

ems

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 10:25 pm

you've already remcommended enter shakira a few time bfreore! idk what i thought about them the first time i listened to them but i';; lisesten to them sometime soson again.
Back to top Go down
DreamCatcher

DreamCatcher

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 4:37 am

Back to top Go down
painservedcold

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 6:45 am

Back to top Go down
Dannyboi

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 1:16 pm

Back to top Go down
Crow

Crow

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 2:30 am

I recently discovered this band, and have fallen in love with them. here's my favorite song <3

Back to top Go down
Sabazius

Sabazius

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 4:37 pm

Crow wrote:
I recently discovered this band, and have fallen in love with them. here's my favorite song <3

Such a good band! Love this vid, I've been to a fair few gigs like this is my time, wish I could see Enter Shikari play a gig that small now though...
Back to top Go down
ems

ems

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 12:59 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to?
Page 14 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
kbboys :: Other :: Free Discussion-
Jump to: