kbboys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old friends abandon me, it's just the routine politics of jealousy

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Story Discussion

Go down 
+29
nicjude
thomasc1980
zack456
Marine296
los34
silverlightning
irishgamer13
Scottwolf24
Billy
nirvana
mikem6453
marcuss
DreamCatcher
ahans
dukeguy06
jackmcshane
Macloud
Maverick
Ecii
Sabazius
jd
orion91
Staile
No Answer
Kamichamadude
ems
painservedcold
Kell
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Kell
Admin
Kell

Story Discussion - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 7:30 pm

i did. obvs i cant confirm or deny specific things (usually lol) but i will say that its certainly interesting to think about the dynamic of their relationship concerning alcohol. i mean ur right, what if their sex together is drunken sex? would it matter if theyre in a relationship & they both clearly dont feel all that ashamed or guilty after? with maybe the exception of this past time haha

actually, i will deny something here. with this chapter, i put in parts regarding jared wanting noah to meet his friends & his affectionate behavior toward noah cuz i wanna make it clear that jared DOES like noah, and not just because they have sex. i realized that with jared not liking to talk about serious issues, that might come off as him not really caring for noah. he does though, it's just that he sees life as the glass half full. he's slightly based off a friend of mine who's really never upset about anything but not in the sense that he just buries his feelings. with reilly's passing in my life, i sure wish i could do that :/
Back to top Go down
https://kbboys.darkbb.com
painservedcold

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 8:03 pm

It would be interesting to know more about Jared, and perhaps a bit about his backstory, since there appears to be a lot about him that isn't being shared so far.

On the other hand, if the endgame isn't Noah/Jared, maybe that's you choosing not to tell us too much.
Back to top Go down
ems

ems

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 12:35 pm

It's nice that Jared like Noah. But I think Noah is with Jared cos he wants to be with SOMEONE while he's aching for Jaden.

Druken sex is not all the bad. In fact, I regret more sober sex that I've than the drunken ones. Sometimes empty sex might be the best thing. But I have kinda fallen for someone whom I was having, what I thought, to be drunken sex... over and over again.
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 4:40 pm

i guess its ok if neither person regrets it afterwards. but here, it's still illegal. although, like i said, if u like each other & dont regret it, then i imagine neither person would be filing charges haha
Back to top Go down
los34

los34

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 11:27 pm

it was ok
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 6:23 pm

what's ok? the chapter or drunken sex?
Back to top Go down
los34

los34

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 10:19 pm

the drunking sex but it couse i dont like drunking couse that wat my dad die of sorry i dont mean 2 bring yr story down it real good
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 1:45 am

no worries lol
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 1:44 am

i know ive posted a couple of pics of him before, but this is noah (as i generally see him in my mind). this guy is, in my opinion, the HOTTEST person my eyes have ever seen

Story Discussion - Page 17 YEewLSz
Story Discussion - Page 17 SbgrzjZ
Story Discussion - Page 17 P5Y5DTJ
Story Discussion - Page 17 5PwFCGH
Story Discussion - Page 17 EtUH4va
Story Discussion - Page 17 WYo6Wxx
Story Discussion - Page 17 TLAzkVR

oh man.....in my dreams where i have the perfect boyfriend, it's been this guy's face for the past what, 4 years since i first saw his face..
Back to top Go down
los34

los34

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 1:48 am

now that i wood love 2 fuck
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 12:47 am

sooooooooo? what do u guys think of the new chapter?? xD
Back to top Go down
painservedcold

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 5:27 am

So happy! Thanks Mama Kell, you made Noah finally have happy things happen to him.

The one thing that I noticed through this chapter was your need for redemption, not for yourself as a writer, but for the characters in NAJ. You tried really hard to redeem Shannon, to make her less heartless and evil than her actions would have us believe. I realize that this is simply part of Noah's personality, and that it's in his nature to forgive those who harm him, but it felt artificial to me. The same with Jared; he doesn't cast himself as a particularly good person, just someone who loves to have fun and who served as an antidote to Noah's problems. It felt unnecessary to try and cast him as this wonderful person, though once again I can see how Noah (and thus the narrator) would see him this way following the break up and 'cheating' on him; Noah would have been relieved that there were no repercussions for his actions, and that they would be okay as friends.

Truthfully, the chapter felt like you were trying to wrap up loose ends, trying to set the stage for the end of the story. All the plot lines are coming to an end; the baby's getting sent off for adoption, Shannon's in jail, Jared is no longer Noah's boyfriend, and the two title characters are almost back together. It feels as though you're moving almost too quickly towards a happy ending for them, or at least the end of where you're willing to tell the story. I don't know how I feel about that, a little sad that it might be coming to an end because this has always been my favourite of your stories Kell.
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 8:36 pm

well, to be honest, the story IS coming to an end relatively soon. dont expect it to be "soon" soon, though. it'll end at chapter 50. so thats still 6 chapters away. and u guys know how speedy i am at updating ;D

but yes, this chapter was meant to be the "final stage" in a way of noah getting back on his old feet. to ruin the symbolism for u guys, they sort of basically got back together on the rowboat when it was cold out as opposed to last time when they broke up & it was hot out. not that its THAT deep or symbolic but i realized that as i was writing, i was like "oh, hah, its the opposite" haha. for the MOST part, all the dark, sad stuff is over. from here on, the plot will wrap up some more stuff, & have a GENERALLY lighter tone like it used to. which, as ive heard from a number of people, is preferred lol

and ur totally right about the artificial feelings regarding shannon & jared: i meant for that. shes not SUPPOSED to be redeemed at all in any sort of way. the pity noah feels is merely, as u said, a return of his staple signature: the conscience lol. i implied, though, that he admits that sheer logic & justice are meant to take place of any empathy he has. and ur right about jared. he was nothing more than a temporary "fix" to noah's problems. as low as noah could feel, jared's constant optimism kept him somewhat level. but as he started to grow back to normal, he began seeing how incompatible he was with jared (that is, with his feelings for the ex boyfriend on top lol). jared was the epitome of a rebound.

spot on mr. ritchie lol
Back to top Go down
Marine296

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 2:38 am

I just want to say, I started reading this series on nifty and this is BY FAR the best thing I have ever read. I started from chapter 1 obviously and fell in love with the story. Originally, when I come across a new story and it has a lot of chapters and I would need to catch up on all of them to read the current ones, I usually just back out of that story. But I gave this one a shot, and absolutely fell in love with it. I noticed that this story was from 2008 and it was still being made now. I was sad after I finished chapter 45, realizing it could be MONTHS before I find out more that is going on in the story. Btw, I'm SO HAPPY that they are back together. I almost cried when I read "do you wanna get back together?" I'd pay money to have this as an actual physical book, just saying, and I'm sure plenty of other people agree with me
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 4:19 am

well thanks dude, the words are appreciated Smile

and, yes, people have expressed interest in this becoming a book someday...but just because people might love a story, doesnt make it suitable enough for actual publication without serious professional revisions lol. perhaps someday in the far future but who knows.......................

well, welcome to the forum Smile im glad u love the story. when u get the chance, u should go introduce yourself in the intoductions topic in the free discussion section. we love new members Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ems

ems

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 12:18 pm

Wow. It's so much more lighter than the previous chapters that I almost felt empty after reading it. It was a good one, though.
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 4:48 pm

yup. like i said, the tone will generally be lighter from here to the end, which is chapter 50
Back to top Go down
zack456

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:27 am

I really feel in love with this story i finished reading feeling all happy but cause you say it isn't finished i still have a kinda suspense feeling as to know what happens next so i guess my question is when do you think the next chapter will be added roughly
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 1:46 am

not sure to be honest. i never am. as ive said before on here, my ADD never lets me sit down very often & bust out chapters as fast as id like. if u check the post dates of each chapter, that might give u a rough idea as to how far apart the chapters are spread
Back to top Go down
zack456

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 1:48 am

Oh Sad ok then cool thanx for letting me know Smile
Back to top Go down
thomasc1980

thomasc1980

PostSubject: Awesome Story   Story Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 6:26 pm

I must say that i absolutely love this story. Read every chapter this afternoon and cant wait to see more. Just found this today and wanted to let you know you did an awesome job. Would love to see this in ebook format somewhere so i could keep it on hand. Looking forward to the next chapter.
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 11:05 pm

haha thanks man, i really appreciate it. and i'll try to have the next chapter out asap Smile
Back to top Go down
thomasc1980

thomasc1980

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 11:22 pm

Cool.
Back to top Go down
zack456

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 11:32 pm

All i can say kell is ya better
Back to top Go down
painservedcold

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 11:38 pm

Didn't take long for some of our new members to get comfortable! I have to agree though, hurry it up Kell bear!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Story Discussion
Page 17 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
kbboys :: Noah & Jaden :: NAJ Discussion-
Jump to: