kbboys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old friends abandon me, it's just the routine politics of jealousy

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Introductions

Go down 
+48
zack456
jbaby209
FinnKun
Succum
silverlightning
modernecstasy
kaose
vagabond
Scottwolf24
luvnrock
LannyLoser
SPM
Crow
Evilpanda
Shauni
marcuss
shivax
codypaul214
Alex Hawk
Philzor
master of light
Milo
DreamCatcher
Erick
PattyMac
crazzycat
EWL
TheCptNemo
threedollrbill
Dannyboi
chris55
Ecii
Mr. Mike
jd
nicks18
Kamichamadude
xxdarrynashleyxx
heybitch
mike8917
Staile
priap
Sabazius
No Answer
Zack
Kell
ems
painservedcold
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike

Introductions - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 2:12 am

wow took me a minute to figure out how to post in a thread Shocked

my name is mike

first from what i've seen so far, everyone here is very young. full disclosure: i'm old enough to be your grand dad! over 60. i'm an artist, yes, a painter and i only recently started reading nifty and from reading kell's taylor and nick story found my way here. i like forums. in fact i've been an admin on a couple forums but am not doing that right now.

first question is, is it ok if i'm here? i mean, i actually read the posting rules but i also realize this is sort of a community of younger guys and i don't want to intrude. so if you have feelings about that, let me know.

why am i here? well partly because i don't know any teenagers myself. i know ppl in their 20s and 30s but none younger than that. a lot of things you guys talk about i won't even understand lol -- but i like young people. i was very surprised to learn that kell is only 17 WOW! that is amazing to me, you write so well.

part of it is i sometimes think i'd like to become a writer as i get even older. that isn't something i ever really thought about before. i have lots of real-life stories to tell and have been telling them in various forums but that isn't the same thing as making up a story with characters, plot and all that. good writing is truly an art and being a visual artist already i know writing is just as demanding.

still, one has to start somewhere and on-line writing is how i've started. reading at nifty has sort of interested me because i can see there are all kinds of levels of writing going on. that it is mostly gay erotic fiction helps in a way. i get off on some of it but it is also interesting to see certain themes, dealing with relationship issues and things like that.

well i've already written way too much for you guys i'm sure so i'll stop for now. i'll also share with you one of my paintings:

Introductions - Page 7 Probocis2
Back to top Go down
http://www.rawpaint.com
Ecii

Ecii

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 2:24 am

I dont care how old you are. I am good friends with people from the teens into the 50's. You seem nice enough. I think the question is, are you ok with us being younger. I could imagine you getting sick of all the little things we say/do quickly.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 4:14 am

Ecii wrote:
I dont care how old you are. I am good friends with people from the teens into the 50's. You seem nice enough. I think the question is, are you ok with us being younger. I could imagine you getting sick of all the little things we say/do quickly.

kool • the oldest person i know is in her 90s

you might be right. it takes time to get to know ppl

sometimes things work out, sometimes they don't

i don't have a lot in common with MOST adults i meet • some. i have friends my age too

but ever since i was a little kid i felt like i was alien from another planet

growing up gay in the rural midwest in what amounts to prehistoric times can do that to you

it can probably STILL do it to you but i wouldn't know as i left there long, long ago

i feel lucky to have survived it!
Back to top Go down
ems

ems

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 7:51 am

Yes, welcome to kabe! The oldest person i knew is dead. But it doesnt kill to know anyone older.
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 8:57 am

ems wrote:
Yes, welcome to kabe! The oldest person i knew is dead. But it doesnt kill to know anyone older.

i hope u hav better greetings in the future.

hey mike, welcome t'the site. i think we hav 1 more amigo here whos in his 60's. at least i think hes a member here...

neway, of course yer welcome here. & thank u 4 the compliments 2 my story. very thoughtful of u. hope u stick around 4 a while
Back to top Go down
https://kbboys.darkbb.com
nicks18

nicks18

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 10:53 am

Hello Mike!

Im a patron of visual art. Id love to see some of your work. This is awesome.

Nick from PI
Back to top Go down
http://nicktakesaim@facebook.com
Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 11:40 am

@ ems: yur welcom made me laugh, thanks -- altho i realize it may not b funny • for all i know the person may have been someone close, if which you have my condolences • still it shows i have a sick sense of humor Laughing

[practicing writing like kell] wen u get 2 b my age u bgin 2 kno a lot of dead ppl • my older bro was killed in a car wreck when i was 16 • 1 of my nephews who was gay died of AIDS in 1985 (no shit) • my partner David died of a brain tumor n '97 • my bst frnd (also gay) suicided in 99 • both parents r gon (etc)

@ kell: thnks 4 the welcome • good to know i may not b the only old perv around clown (pervyness is a whole subject i want to talk about w/ u guys at some point if i can figure out the right place) and no joking about ur writing im very impressed -- but ill say more about that in the proper threadz • im still getn 2 the hang of this place

@ nick: thnks 4 th welcome and compliment • just google "rawpaint" top of the list • thers even a vid of me painting cyclops
Back to top Go down
Staile

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 12:10 pm

@painter Wow. Your painting is incredible. Painting is one of the arts I'm somewhat interested in...I've never really acted upon it though because I seem to have no skills with painting (based off the classes we did in school years ago.) I can't seem to draw a straight line if my life depended on it! And can't forget to mention whatever the supplies might cost, and where and what I would paint.

Obviously I'm interested in art though. I'd like to develop more of my skills with crafting things like we did in the Workshop Class I took in 8th grade. Now I'm in 11th. To be specific, playing guitar is my usual creative output, and photography is a passion of mine.

Here's two examples of my photography:
1. http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3471/3714417869_ec184c1712.jpg?v=0
2. http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3519/3276814639_8b028f4552.jpg?v=0

Now I'll move on with the discussion about your age. Age doesn't bother me. Perhaps it's because I've always been quite mature for my age, but I've never understood the ageist perspective our society has. You have to be this age to do this...you have to be this age to do this, etc. etc. None of that makes sense! Things should be based on the PERSON, not their AGE. I know plenty of 'adults' who are less mature than I am at 16. That's sad, don't you think? Anyway...I don't believe you're here under the influence of any pedophilia or anything of the sort; therefore your presence does not bother me in the least. Rather, I graciously welcome you to the forum!

Thanks. Hope you enjoy browsing around here.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 12:58 pm

@ Staile: thanks for the welcome and the compliments.

since this is a welcome thread (and we don't want to get fuzzed at by kell Wink ) why don't you start a couple threads in general discussion area about creativity and age differences (whatever you want to call them) and ill happily participate • i certainly have a lot to say about both and would be interested to hear what others here think • if you do, b sure to pm me the topic so i don't miss it

n the mean time: i like your photos -- colorful (i love the red in the shadow of the face), dramatic, interesting, draws me in makes me want to see more!
Back to top Go down
No Answer

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 9:19 pm

By all means Mike, as I said in another topic area prior to coming here, welcome & the age thing is not a prob by no means. Heck, we're all decent ppl & love to have various views from all ages. Oh, and as for the Art Work, very nice.

Sorry not much to continue with being my boyfriend & other cleared it up pretty good, haha. Hope all else is good though & enjoy hearing more from you. Oh, and last thing, cuz as you ask anyone here, I'm a freakin chatter box, but my name's Sam or Sammy. Not a prob on calling me that. Bye.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ems

ems

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 9:59 am

Admit it kell,you were laughing when you read my 'welcome' but ill try and come up with a better one if it hurts soo much to laugh at my lame jokes Razz. Mike, the oldest person i knew was 97 and ive seen her only once when i was 9.
Back to top Go down
Ecii

Ecii

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 4:14 pm

I just realize I never actually did an introduction.
Back to top Go down
jd

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 3:01 am

me neither....

Hi Mike! Nice to meet you! Your painting really is very cool.
Back to top Go down
Sabazius

Sabazius

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 10:21 am

Welcome Mike! There are no age requirements or limits for this forum, only that you want to be here and participate in the aimless and disturbing nonsense that passes for conversation here (luv you guys! Lol). That painting is pretty incredible, I will have to check out some of your other stuff. I'm Alex, aka The English One aka Sabazius. Hope you stick around!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/alexander.richard.keen
Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 11:36 am

thanks 4 the welcome alex and jett! and ny1 ive missed

so far im happy to be here and getting to know u guys

those of u who havnt written an introduction i encourage u to do so • it can be an interesting question: what do i want other ppl to know about me?

the things i most want to know are what do u guys do most of the time • what is your family life like • do you like school -- or are there some subjects u like more than others? which ones? • what are your hopes, dreams and fears? • stuff like that

the painting above is called "proboscis" • it is five feet square • oil paint on aluminum • and was painted in 2005 • it is flat • the paint is all black • what makes it LOOK 3D is the way the light reflects off the texture of the paint
Back to top Go down
No Answer

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 1:50 pm

Holy cow Mike. I just gotta comment on your last post regarding your painting. That is too awesome. The fact that it is 5' in height, wow. And regarding the 3D angle being only the idea of natural light causes that. I mean, sorry if I am sounding stupid, but the from what I've seen & heard so far, you are really great in the way of Art. Kudos to you Dude.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
No Answer

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 1:57 pm

Oh, and Mike, I forgot to add to my last post, but need to say this. I'm definitely sorry for your lost in ppl throughout the years, especially family members. But you know, like Tyler & I were talking last night, it is so cool to have someone like you part of our group now. I mean, the fact that you have so much wisdom & experience in life, and not just gay life. We all can learn from what you & your generations prior to us have went through with all sorts of problems & learning experiences. I hope that isn't too offensive, but rather taken as a compliment.

Plus, I gotta admit that I, like Tyler too, love talking to older ppl to the fact of hearing first hand details & experiences of what life was like then. I know, somethings were way more simplier then, while others were super old & now greatful for the advancements like medicine & whatnots. But seriously, I look forward in hearing from you often.
Back to top Go down
chris55

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 1:21 am

I'm Chris, I'm 19 and I live in South Dakota. It's a decent sized town I guess, although by South Dakota's standards it's like a thriving metropolis lol

I'm a social work major at USD and I'll be starting my sophomore year in about a month. I'm kinda thinking about transferring, but I don't really know where I want to go. Plus I have to get my GPA up first. I hate math Mad

just ask if there's anything else you want to know i guess.
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 2:05 am

hi chris, im kell.
Back to top Go down
painservedcold

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 2:14 am

mmm, nice to meet you Chris, I'm Trevor. Its nice to see new people here
Care to tell us about your classwork or any other outside interests?
Back to top Go down
ems

ems

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 3:31 am

Not the fist person to hate math here, lol. Welcome to kabe!! Im ephraim but here people call me e coz kell's super lazy.
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 11:06 am

conservation of energy actually
Back to top Go down
ems

ems

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 11:29 am

Yeah and i bet you thought it was much better than my last one huh??
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 11:44 am

it was haha
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 12:58 pm

Welcome to Kabe, Chris.

I'm curious why are you feeling like you'd like to transfer?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introductions
Page 7 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
kbboys :: Other :: Free Discussion-
Jump to: