kbboys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old friends abandon me, it's just the routine politics of jealousy

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Story Discussion

Go down 
+29
nicjude
thomasc1980
zack456
Marine296
los34
silverlightning
irishgamer13
Scottwolf24
Billy
nirvana
mikem6453
marcuss
DreamCatcher
ahans
dukeguy06
jackmcshane
Macloud
Maverick
Ecii
Sabazius
jd
orion91
Staile
No Answer
Kamichamadude
ems
painservedcold
Kell
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
mikem6453

Story Discussion - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Story discussion   Story Discussion - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 12:43 am

so..... I just read everything up to date, got hooked, then the story stops. When are we going to hear more?
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:03 am

well, im in a writers block in 1 of my other stories, which is delaying this newest chapter, but dont worry, itll come out soon enough
Back to top Go down
https://kbboys.darkbb.com
DreamCatcher

DreamCatcher

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:11 am

"come out" hahahah
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:27 am

booo
Back to top Go down
DreamCatcher

DreamCatcher

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 2:14 am

"come out" hahahah
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 12:37 am

very funny derek Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
nirvana

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 2:35 am

That happened in Quarterback With the Emerald Eyes... my second all time favorite story ever. It wasn't a suicide though... ironically, i think suicide is a bit cliche. It reminds me of a stage-type drama. Plus... I just don't find love-focused suicides to be real. I don't believe it. Romeo and Juliet did it... that's enough for me. But I see what you mean... everything is kinda cliche because there aren't loads of ways this can play out.

If you really want to try something new... have Noah beat the shit out of West! I mean... seriously... beat him up and be screaming and crying madly at the same time. Make the tantrum about all the hurtful things like "I DID NOT KILL MY MOM!!!" etc. I think that you could have West torture Noah a bit more to prompt it. You already had him throw West out of the store pretty easily. It could be done. The whole thing could be framed as Noah having completely cracked under the psychological torture. I don't see Noah and West reconciling, but it would be seen as a pretty big deal for West not to press charges.. and then they just keep their distance.
I somehow doubt this is where you want to take the story though...

Narrating from the perspective of a homophobe will be really tough! You'd have to make the audience sympathize with him. And frankly... your audience is mainly a bunch of homos, Kell. BUT... it could work. Like, if you started the story like that but had the homophobe saved by a gay guy (I don't know why I am in the mood for gay guys saving people right now!), and then the homophobe becomes really intrigued by him and idk... build on something like that maybe.
hmm... If you've read The Long Way by Dom Luka, I would probably say to look at the perspective of one particular character, who I shall not name. . I won't say anything much about that, but that story is obscenely good and I don't want to ruin it. Said character is really homophobic, but a really nice guy.
Back to top Go down
Sabazius

Sabazius

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 7:29 am

nirvana dude, I like the ideas you put forward, but what's with the concealed links at the end of your post?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/alexander.richard.keen

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 4:16 pm

i would have to agree with alex...
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 8:28 pm

I WOULD like to try writing from a homophobic persons perspective but I just know that it wont come out good enough to get the point across. I do like the idea though
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 1:30 am

its been a while, i know. but ive been settling into college & trying to get comfy so ull hafta forgive me. so neway, u know the drill
Back to top Go down
ems

ems

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 3:20 am

well, it looks like noah is finally coping up witht he rape and everything.. i was kinda expecting him to break down and bawl out and cry after getting comfy with the shrink, oh well. it's cool how noah's and your music tastes were the same lpl.
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 4:12 am

even if its a fictional character, im glad SOMEBODY in our generations likes GOOD music
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 4:16 am

oppinions, oppinions...
Back to top Go down
Sabazius

Sabazius

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 8:25 am

dare de-vil wrote:
even if its a fictional character, im glad SOMEBODY in our generations likes GOOD music
I like a fair few of those artists myself, it's just that my tastes are really broad.
As for the chapter, I thought you wrote the character of the shrink really well, and I found the whole thing very realistic. I feel so much for Noah, having to deal with the pregnancy on top of everything else, and it sounds awful not really being able to just sink into the arms of the one person who can really help.
I can see the next chapter being interesting, seems like Noah's planning to forget all of his troubles in a very understandable way: going out and getting wrecked! Sparks might end up flying... lol
Great chapter Kell, and don't worry about taking your time on the stories, we know you've got other things going on what with starting college!
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 2:13 pm

thank u alex Smile

i had a dream last night that i was reading yer guys comments & e said "eh, im just not lovin this story anymore" lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 2:49 pm

lol shame on you, dream e!
Back to top Go down
Sabazius

Sabazius

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 8:26 pm

You can't tell someone off for something they said in a dream! It's in the rules.
Back to top Go down
ems

ems

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 12:04 pm

Sabazius wrote:
You can't tell someone off for something they said in a dream! It's in the rules.

thank you alex, i need that one! andy, this is for you: ,,|,,(>.<),,|,,
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 3:45 pm

ahh but alex, this was MY dream, MY site, MY rules
Back to top Go down
Sabazius

Sabazius

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 5:39 pm

Once I too was a victim of being told off for something I hypothetically did, and from that day on I vowed never to allow the actions of a nonreal imitation of a being be used to condemn the concrete origin of that forgery! NEVER AGAIN!!!1!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 11:44 pm

dare de-vil wrote:
ahh but alex, this was MY dream, MY site, MY rules

exactly
Back to top Go down
DreamCatcher

DreamCatcher

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 9:48 pm

"Classic rock, oldies stuff I guess."

"Oh yeah? Like who?"

"Steely Dan, Doobie Brothers, Elton John, Chicago, Rolling Stones, Eagles, Beach Boys, The Who, Billy Joel, Stevie Wonder, James Taylor, Bee Gees...."

thats sooooo kells handy work
Back to top Go down
Kell
Admin
Kell

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 7:35 pm

theres nothing wrong with noah having good taste in music xD

new chaptah poiple Razz
Back to top Go down
DreamCatcher

DreamCatcher

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 9:02 am

"I can't believe his own possible future stepsister raped him. I mean...god, it's just like...it sounds like something out of some weird online fiction story," I shook my head.

OH SHIT were breaking the fourth wall !!!!! :runs around franticly:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Story Discussion   Story Discussion - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Story Discussion
Page 10 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next